We are the Bristol and Somerset Group of the
Hornby Railway Collectors' Association
We meet monthly, normally on the fourth Thursday, from 6.00pm until 10.00pm in the Scout Hut, Totterdown Road, Weston-super-Mare, BS23 4LJ
Due to the current situation, we have cancelled all Thursday meets until further notice
The Group has four main interests as follows:
- Hornby O-gauge three rail electric.
- The club owns sufficient steel track to make three complete circuits, which are in action most club nights. Although mainly Hornby trains run, other makes are seen quite often, including modern tinplate from ACE Trains and Darstead.
- Hornby O-gauge two rail clockwork.
- Members brings their own tin plate track, which is assembled each club night, usually as a double circuit with plenty of loops and siding space.
- Hornby Dublo OO-gauge three rail.
- Members bring their own track, which is assembled each club night. Occasionally a member brings their own layout to ring the changes.
- Hornby and Wrenn OO-gauge two rail.
- A purpose built two rail layout has now been constructed and is in use most club nights. Although mainly Hornby Dublo two rail and subsequent Wrenn stock are run, other more modern stock does make an appearance from time to time.
The club has a small library and equipment for re-magnetising motors.
It organises an annual vintage model trains show in Burnham/Highbridge in October/November each year. In addition members support other similar shows in the South West.
Potential new members are welcome to join us on any club night. Hot drinks and home-made cake are available ad lib.
For further information contact the chairman - Steve Sands (e-mail sandjsands(AT)btinternet.com)